Modern inspection pits in vehicle inspection centers are nowadays often accessible via a separate basement. This is mainly for escape reasons in case of an emergency. For this reason, the pit floor in such constructions is very low in relation to the vehicle to be checked above. For heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses, this distance is further increased by the high chassis frame.
In order to guarantee the inspector the best access to the places to be checked, and thus the highest possible level of working comfort, we have developed special hydraulically liftable and lowerable walkways / work platforms. With the help of these devices, the examiner can easily adjust his working height to his body height. We differentiate between two basic systems based on the nature of the pit:
- hydraulic scissor walkways / work platforms with a maximum stroke of 1.000 mm for accommodation in classic inspection pits with a correspondingly high pit floor;
- hydraulic double scissor walkways / work platforms with a maximum stroke of 2.000 mm for accommodation in inspection pits connected to the basement with pit floor at basement floor height.
There are 3 different operating modes to choose from for the lifting movements:
- with a fixed control panel on the side wall of the pit;
- via integrated foot activated control panel in the walkway floor;
- with push buttons on the carrying lamp.
In accordance with the work and safety guidelines, the walkway is equipped with a non-slip floor made of gratings.
The width and length of our walkways are adapted to the space circumstances on site and customer requirements.
Possibility of closing the pit with the double scissors devices. Important for the public.
The active safety of the device is guaranteed by:
- foot protection by means of a contact strip: integrated in the work platform (double scissors);
- safety valve in the cylinder if a hydraulic line breaks.
In the download area you will find brochures with a detailed technical description of the two device variants. Our sales engineers are of course at your disposal for any further information. We look forward to your inquiry!