Why a car lift for the vehicle inspection?
Nowadays, car lifts have almost completely replaced the classic inspection pits in vehicle inspection up to 3,5 tons.
And this for several reasons:
- accessibility to the vehicle to be examined: this is much higher and more comfortable with a floor-based car lift than from a pit shaft. In addition, the inside view of the wheels is much better than with a pit;
- ease of access to the vehicle parts to be checked: this is simply better with a lift, since the inspector enjoys much more freedom of movement than in the narrow pit shaft. Furthermore, the inspector can adjust the inspection height to his body size and stand upright. Our lifts lift up to 2 m high as standard and are therefore comfortable even for very tall people;
- when lifted, a lift is simply better for the external control of the critical underside of the vehicle (sills, wheel arches) than a pit, since the platform enables visual control at a comfortable eye level and not cumbersomely slipping on your knees or in a crouch;
- the lighting conditions on a car lift (especially on our four-column car lifts) cannot be compared with the pit. Lifts bring in plenty of bright daylight from the side, which makes visual inspection considerably easier and last but not least, easy on the eyes;
- a car lift reduces the frequency of sickness or (worse) accidents, which inevitably occur during operation of an inspection pit due to the constant walking down and out of the pit cellar;
- working with a car lift enables significant infrastructure savings since there is no longer any need for a pit cellar;
- a car lift makes it much easier to adapt to new testing techniques by simply replacing the old device by a new one with last level of evolution;
- in case of an emergency (fire, etc.) the escape option with a lift is of course much better than with a pit cellar, with a lot of savings in the building infrastructure;
- The fact that a lifting platform needs a lot of floor space is also a yesterday's argument, as the lifting columns on our four-post platforms are only 15 cm wide.
In short: a WEP-WEISSHAUPT four-post lifts for vehicle monitoring brings the car to YOU, and not the other way around!