The vehicle monitoring of trucks, buses and other heavy vehicles traditionally takes place in inspection pits. Due to the dimensions and weights of the vehicles, inspection on carlifts is not practical here. In such vehicles, too, the wheels are moved by means of axle play testers to check the suspension joints, steering play, spring support, etc. Because of the enormous friction load, these vehicles are also raised for test sliding. This is done here using a pit jack.
However, because very high cycle times are achieved during the inspections in vehicle inspection centers, WEP-WEISSHAUPT has developed special pit jacks for this. They are devices with the highest industry standard, tailored to high working speed and extreme loads. The main feature of the WEP GH 20T and WEP GH 6T pit jacks is their unique drive type: completely electro-hydraulic, without pneumatic actuation! This has a number of advantages:
- extreme working speeds due to high approach speed and load lifting speed;
- the two-way lifting cylinder not only guarantees quick lifting, but also controlled and safe lowering;
- the electro-hydraulic drive has enormous reserves and is extremely strong. So even extreme cases like the rear axles of coaches are no problem. And all this in continuous operation from morning to evening!
- very quiet pumping noise thanks to the electro-hydraulics. In addition, the entire, noise-insulated pump cabinet is usually located in the pit cellar, which keeps the noise source away from the work area. The supply lines from the pump cabinet to the actual pit jack are properly and professionally housed in an energy chain attached to the side of the pit wall;
- the entire jack carriage and the sideways movement of the lifting cylinder are rolling in ball-bearings and therefore extremely easy to move. Together with the unique operating satellite, the operator can easily guide the entire device to the load point using two horizontal handles with two hands. He activates the lifting himself with his thumb in two speeds using a small lever in the middle with clearly defined pressure points;
- the load pick-up below the vehicle axles is carried out safely and precisely by the various available stack kits.
WEP-WEISSHAUPT supplies the pit jacks in two weight classes: WEP GH 20T with 20 tons of lifting power for heavy vehicles and WEP GH 6T with 6 tons of lifting power for large vans and lighter trucks.
In the download area you will find the brochure with a detailed technical description. Our sales engineers are of course at your disposal for any further information. We look forward to your inquiry!